Plan your event with us!
Our dining hall is available to rent whenever it’s not in use, including evenings and weekends! Just give us a call to check availability.
The room is equipped with eight 70-inch round tables, three long rectangular tables, and plenty of chairs. Our full kitchen facilities are available for an additional fee and include two ovens, a small refrigerator, pots, pans, dishes, and silverware.
Nonprofits, social groups, youth groups, community organizations, businesses, and individuals are all welcome to rent the facility! Be sure to read our entire rental policy (below) to learn all of the guidelines for renting the hall.
The hall is great for hosting:
- Suggested Guest Limit: 60 (max 80)
- Commercial Kitchen (optional)
- Tables & Chairs Provided
- Air Conditioned
- Large Parking Lot
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Beer & Wine Allowed
(read our policy for full details)
The hall is great for hosting:
- Wedding showers
- Baby showers
- Retirement parties
- Birthday parties
- Graduation parties
- 4-H and other youth programs
- Fundraisers (non-political)
- Art & Craft nights
- Paint & Sip nights
- Business functions
- Meetings & Workshops
- Annual meetings
- Community education classes
Greater Wakefield Resource Center
Two separate fees are required to book the hall: One is the rental fee and the second is a refundable deposit. The deposit will be held until an inspection has been completed and signed off by a GWRC member and the key to the building has been returned.
- $175 Rental Fee
Covers use of the main function room for up to 6 hours. Contact us to inquire about additional time.
- $150 Damage Deposit
A refundable deposit to cover potential damages incurred during the event.
- $55 Full Use of Kitchen (optional)
This fee gives you full use of our commercial kitchen (inc. ovens, a small refrigerator, dishes, etc. NO dishwasher.)
Details & Limitations
- The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is a smoke-free facility. No smoking is permitted in the facility or on the grounds.
- Our approved capacity is 80, but we suggest a limit of 60 guests to avoid crowding.
- Beer and wine may be served, but not sold. No hard alcohol of any kind may be consumed on the premises.
- Rental use is limited to the main hall, kitchen, and bathrooms. Guests are not permitted in any other areas of the building.
- The function hall is wheelchair accessible, and there are two handicap accessible bathrooms available to your guests.
- Kitchen rental includes the use of our commercial kitchen, including the ovens, a small refrigerator, pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. Dishwasher use is not permitted.
- No political events. Because of our nonprofit status, the GWRC is legally prohibited from renting the hall to political organizations or hosting political events of any kind.
- Decorations are welcome, but no holes in the walls, please!
- Our thermostat is programmed ahead of time. Please do not try to change the thermostat settings.
- Please be mindful of the pull cords in the restrooms, and do not allow children to touch them.
- All cleaning must be completed by the end of the rental time period. We want the hall to be clean for the next function, just as it was for yours!
- All floors are to be swept or vacuumed. Any spills need to be wiped up.
- All trash should be removed from premises and clean bags put in barrels.
- If tables or chairs were collapsed, rearranged, or otherwise disturbed for the event, it is the responsibility of the renter to return them to their original condition and arrangement, unless otherwise agreed upon with the administrator. There is a table setup diagram posted near the dining hall doorway that you can use as a guide.
- For kitchen rentals: All utensils, plates, pots, pans, and any other kitchen resources belonging to the GWRC need to be cleaned and returned to their proper places. Dishwasher use is not permitted.
- Please be sure all lights are off and the door is locked upon your departure!